The things of God get better as we go from faith to faith and glory to glory. God’s Word admonishes us to “forget not all His benefits.” This scripture indicates that there are so many wonderful blessings that we are not to forget them. God wants us to receive His best for our lives, but there are many reasons why people fail to receive. If we know some of these reasons, we can make the necessary adjustments and put ourselves in a position to receive God’s benefits and blessings. They belong to us because of what Jesus Christ has done for us. There are several reasons people fail to receive these benefits.
1) A lack of confidence. Hebrews 10:35 says, “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.” We are to hold our confidence steadfast until the promises are fulfilled. In order to receive God’s best, we confidently trust God.
2) Being lukewarm. Revelation 3:15 says, “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot.” God does not want us to be lukewarm, but He wants us to be on fire for Him. If we are lukewarm, it is a hindrance to receiving God’s best.
3) Holding unforgiveness. Mark 11:25 says, “And when ye stand praying, forgive if ye have ought against any.” Walking in unforgiveness will paralyze your faith and hinder you from receiving God’s best.
4) A lack of diligence. Hebrews 11:6 says “For he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that dliligently seek him.” Many are diligent to visit the doctor and take prescribed medication, but these same people will miss church and won’t look to the Word because it is inconvenient. You have to be diligent to experience God’s best.
5) Watching symptoms and circumstances. Romans 4:21 says, “And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.” Always look to the promises of God’s Word and not to the circumstances because they will weaken your faith. Always shift your attention back to the Word and God’s best will be yours.
6) Waiting for the manifestation of the promises to believe. Mark 11:24 says, “What things soever ye desire when you pray, believe that you receive them and you shall have them.” Some will not believe until they see the answer. But God is faithful and His Word is true, so believe you’ve got it before you see it and you shall have it. Then you shall receive God’s best.